Running back JONATHAN TAYLOR of the Indianapolis Colts, linebacker ALEX HIGHSMITH of the Pittsburgh Steelers and punter RYAN STONEHOUSE of the Tennessee Titans are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 10 (November 10, 13-14).
OFFENSE: RB JONATHAN TAYLOR, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
- Taylor rushed for 147 yards and a touchdown on 22 attempts (6.7 average) in Indianapolis’ 25-20 road win over Las Vegas. He also added 16 receiving yards on two receptions. Taylor’s 147 rushing yards were the most in the AFC in Week 10.
- Taylor’s 66-yard touchdown run in the third quarter to give the Colts the lead was tied for the longest scoring play from scrimmage in the AFC last week.
- This is the second-career Offensive Player of the Week award for Taylor (Week 11, 2021) and first this season.
- He is the fifth Colts running back to win the award multiple times, joining Pro Football Hall of Famers Edgerrin James, Eric Dickerson and Marshall Faulk, as well as Joseph Addai.
DEFENSE: LB ALEX HIGHSMITH, PITTSBURGH STEELERS
- Highsmith recorded five tackles, two sacks, a tackle for loss and a forced fumble in Pittsburgh’s 20-10 victory over New Orleans. He was the only player in the AFC with two sacks in Week 10.
- This is the first-career Defensive Player of the Week award for Highsmith. He is the second Steeler to win the award this season, joining safety Minkah Fitzpatrick (Week 1).
- Highsmith is the first-ever former Charlotte 49er win a Defensive Player of the Week award.
SPECIAL TEAMS: P RYAN STONEHOUSE, TENNESSEE TITANS
- Stonehouse recorded eight punts with an average of 54 yards (47.3 net) and pinned three inside the 10-yard line in the Titans’ 17-10 win over Denver. His three punts inside the 10 tied for the most by a player in a single game this season.
- This is Stonehouse’s first-career Special Teams Player of the Week award and he becomes the first-ever Tennessee rookie punter to earn the honor.
- Stonehouse becomes the first player from Colorado State to ever win Special Teams Player of the Week.
2022 AFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|QB Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City
QB Tua Tagovailoa, Miami
QB Trevor Lawrence, Jacksonville
QB Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City
QB Josh Allen, Buffalo
QB Josh Allen, Buffalo
|S Minkah Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh
CB Jaylen Watson, Kansas City
DE Trey Hendrickson, Cincinnati
S Jordan Poyer, Buffalo
LB Matthew Judon, New England
DL Quinnen Williams, N.Y. Jets
|K Cade York, Cleveland
P Braden Mann, N.Y. Jets
P Corliss Waitman, Denver
K Evan McPherson, Cincinnati
K Chase McLaughlin, Indianapolis
K Dustin Hopkins, L.A. Chargers
|Wk 7||QB Joe Burrow, Cincinnati||CB Sauce Gardner, N.Y. Jets||K Randy Bullock, Tennessee|
|RB Derrick Henry, Tennessee
RB Joe Mixon, Cincinnati
RB Jonathan Taylor, Indianapolis
|DE Dre’Mont Jones, Denver
LB Justin Houston, Baltimore
LB Alex Highsmith, Pittsburgh
|K Nick Folk, New England
K Cameron Dicker, L.A. Chargers
P Ryan Stonehouse, Tennessee